These are notes which show development within the piece.
This assessment is about practice as research and about staging the research. Its not about working creatively but working creatively in the archival research
Documentation= Its about how to demonstrate the research and how to use the projections, audio and soundtracks in it.
- Focus on actual storytelling
- Create a performance in a way to tell the story
- End of the hour the structure should be ready
- Focus on the quality and not the quantity
- Be specific
- Find airway signal sounds
- To go into the shelter in the Bethanal Green
- After going down the stairs, we will find a lady in the shop
- Newspaper for the World War 2( news bulletin after the disaster)
- Will hand out the newspaper to the people for engaging the audience more
- Ballons and apron as the costume, will include couple of songs. And there will be singing and movements like old times
- We will bring in that how do we get out of the shelter
- Panicing and screaming and echo sound effects can be used
To do list
- Find the pictures of the body and if we dont we can use the pictures of the bodies which are covered
- Lighting – it has to be like the underground station and it can be reflected on the black curtains and can add the element of sound there in the performance.
- Act for 3 mins stop and then talk about it, this will show that a lot of research is done
- Interlinking the powerpoint and the archives can add a bit sarcastic jokes like ‘a lovely war’
- All the things which reflect the situation at that time should be added in the performance
- Billie holiday- I’ll be seeing you again
- Vera Lynn- We’ll meet again
- Vera Lynn- Land of hope and glory
- Its a long way to tipperary/ pack up your troubles in your old kit bag- Robert Mandell
- I got a lovely bunch of coconuts
- Sound effects- WW1 or WW2
- Intense crowd panic/shooting/ scary sirens
Monday march 9
Stage direction- Its always from the point of view of the person standing on the stage
- Front light– Also called as general cover( basic light)
- Back light– It is a bit more dramatic. It gives a 3 dimensional effect. It makes the stage feel bigger.
The back light looses the blue black light if the front light is added to it.
So the actor stands on the blue light and is in the yellow front light
Every time the light reflects, it loses something
- Side lights– It is good for lighting shapes, it picks up all the lines and features on the body.
It is in 3 levels-
- Shins – If the performer is lying on the floor
- Mid- It is between the neck and hips. It is for someone walking on the stage from behind. This side lights are for more physical theater.
- Heads- From shoulders upwards . This type is for individual lighting
- High side light (from both sides)- It brings more emotions out with the help of lighting.
- Light colours are very good at reflecting the light. Also depends on the colours of the costume
- Use colours matching the clothes, than they will stand out.
- If there are two performers acting , both should not stand in a same line with the light , because than the other one will get in the shadow. Just change the line position.
- If designed well, the shadows can be turned into performers. Using the lighting , the essence of non-real things can be brought in the performance.
- High upper lights
For highlighting the performance if necessary.
Stage directions are not factual.
- Spot light– Light come in a cone. So depending on the height of the actor, the standing position should be managed ( where to stand in the circle). Also a spot light evokes a 100 different things, emotions or feels in them. So think very carefully when to use the spot light. It is also use to emotionally manipulate the audience.
- If you are blind , you are not lid.
- You should be blind on the stage all the time.
- Flood light (beautiful spot light)- It is like a God light for a warm glow. It is behind at the back in the center.
- Green front light– They are two moving lights in the opposite sides used to feature something incoming on the stage.
One has to be careful with the skin colour of the actor. For the neutral effect, use black. Different colours change the colour of the shadow because of the reflection.
- Go Bo’s– Lights with interactive movements. There are different sizes for these differently moving lights.
The audio recorder has 4 microphones on it.
- Speaker on/off- To listen the recorded things.
- Input ( xlr, uni, omni, line)
Uni- 2 Microphones on top
Omni – If its lying on the table to record(as hidden when someone is nervous about a microphone.
- Mike gain (button on back)- If the is a problem in recording, just increase it. Use medium level. Maximum level should be around zero.
If the record button is pressed, it will blink and make a noise and the numbers will change,
Garage band can be used for editing the recorded stuff.