# trip to Whitechapel art gallery.
# the situationist is a group that look at city differently.
- #they do not decide on a destination but just wander around for days( derivers).
- #(while waiting for the gallery to open) walk/ drift for 15 minutes, then you have 15 minutes to come back( 30 minutes in total).
- # when you walk around think about looking up and down, think about what you smell, what you hear.
- # bring back 3 found objects that tell us about the place you have been.
- # you can choose to bring a colour.
- # you can talk to people.
- # meet at the gallery for 10:50.
- # came out of the arts cafe, walked straight ahead, and turned right at the gates onto Wentworth s street.
- # walked to the end of Wentworth s street to discover we came out onto bricklane.
- # took pictures of the sign Wentworth s street e1.
- # come out of Wentworth s street e1 on the conner took pictures.
- Walk onto bricklane from Wentworth s street e1.
- Walk along bricklane took pictures of graffite on wall.
Graffite on wall 1.
Graffite of dog 2
Monkey graffite 3 found interesting.
Graffite art 4th.
Graffite on walls bricklane.
# walked along .
# cars going passed sound of engine and smells of car fume and mixer of food smells come from restaurant in bricklane.
# continue to walk up the road.
# found small art gallery orenete took pictures.
2rd pictures of small but interesting gallery in bricklane.
# took pictures of the art gallery on bricklane e1 ‘stonespace’ (an art gallery which was closed) shame.
#then continue to walk alone bricklane and found a cafe.
#then wandered to a cafe (a new discovery)
# when inside the cafe. It had theatre posters, advertisements for shows, leaflets inside.
#pick up 3 leaflets ( 3 objects).
# spoke to the man who work in the cafe, his name was cash.
# the cafe as been open for 3 years. He opened the cafe because he thought it would be the perfect size for an espresso bar.
# took pictures of the man in the cafe and of the arts work on the cafe wall.
Man in cafe name cash
Theatre posters advertisements in cafe in bricklane e1
# then walked alone bricklane and stop and look up saw a long silver thing.
# took a picture of a really tall, silver object beside a mosque.
# then walk down a little side street into a alley and discovered a alleyway that lead to a rag factory.
# walked back to Whitechapel art gallery.
# sounds of motors humming near the main road, in contrast to the quite backstreets.